Thursday, December 01, 2005

To Foz

Hi Mate. It seems like only yesterday that you were round mine getting beat on Fifa or some other football game! Though you hardly ever won you still tried your best all the time until you did. That’s how you were with everything you ever did. You weren’t happy until you had completed it. I remember one day when me and Scott came round and you had just finished completing a war game. You were so proud.

I can remember your last weekend. You spent the Saturday here at my house watching the footy and clowning around. But most of all I remember you when me and you were in the chip shop and you were dancing around waiting for your food. You had such a big smile on your face and we couldn’t help but burst out laughing! That man must have wondered what the hell was going on. We both just didn’t have a care in the world and life seemed so simple that evening.

The following Sunday when me and Scott were trying to get you to come to the pub with us and you couldn’t. You had to help fit a washing machine for your mum. That’s the kind of chap you were. You loved your mates but your family always came first no matter how small or how big the problem was.

I always felt that I wasn’t as close to you as the others but this year I have had the pleasure of spending so much time with you that you felt like my brother. I’m gonna miss not playing football with you or going and getting a kebab at midnight or even the cup of tea nights we all had.

I devote everyday I am alive to you foz, Physical pain will heal but the Mental pain will never leave me. I feel so privileged to have had the chance to know you so well. I will never forget that tragic accident that took you from us so prematurely and for everyday I wear this neck brace the memory of you will give me strength to conquer my fears and doubts.

When we all meet again remember the tea is on you and we will bring the biscuits.


I’ll be seeing ya mate


Robert Ellis (Ellis)