Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hi Dan,

All over Christmas and New Year, I caught myself out thinking about how your folks and sister must be getting on, trying to have some kind of a Christmas.

Some members of our family are buried nearby in the same graveyard and on Christmas Day, I took my Mum and Sister to the graves to lay our Christmas wreaths. The sight of your grave, with the many floral tributes were really overwhelming.

I was up there again earlier today and its unbelieveable, looking at the many tributes both there and online, as to what effect you've had on so many people.

As I said in my earlier message, I didn't get to know you as well as other people, mainly down to the fact I moved school's - but its clear you were one hell of a lad! These last few weeks have made me realise just how precious your family and friends are and its made me think a little more about life. I bet none-of-us, particularly you, could have realised how mcuh effect you could have on people, no matter what the circumstances maybe.

No doubt, you will have had a right bash up there at Christmas and New Year. Its going to be a tough year for those who were close to you, keep shining over them though - it will help! You'll be pleased to know as well I raised a glass to you at New Year as well - couldn't let the occasion go without you being included somehow!

Take care of yourself up there!
Best Wishes to your family
Ben